- Craig comes to us. He’s listened to our goals, our investment needs and our insurance needs & he’s sold us products that fit best to suit our lifestyle.
- Louis & Barbara Kuriger
- Craig has really looked after us, He’s gone and got the best deals. That’s his job.
- Ross & Shelley Clark
- Dealing with a specialist company like Abacus is vital. That relationship thing is absolutely important because you know someone is going to bat for you.
- Steve Day, MD Pace Engineering
- I am truly grateful to Jamie and consider myself extraordinarily fortunate to have received the benefit of his astute advice and assistance.
- - J. F. Pickett
- It has felt very good to know we have Richard and the team at Abacus Group Ltd on our side.
- - Brian and Tracey Downes
- Richard bent over backwards in his endeavours to help us every step of the way through the claim, making the process as simple as possible.
- - John & Carole Lynskey
Smokefree.org.za provides “Cost of smoking calculator” to reflect an estimate of the costly habit.
A proportion of those deaths (around 350) of those are from second-hand smoke – that’s one non-smoker a day dying because of someone else’s tobacco use. (ref 1)
Half of all people who smoke long-term will die from a smoking-related disease. (ref 1)
Disclose your true smoking status or a change in your smoking status to your advisor and insurer. If a policyholder subsequently falls victim to a critical illness, such as cancer, medical records would reflect the smoking status of the patient to the insurer. Non-disclosure of your correct smoking status may impact future claims.
Statistically the chances of smokers dying or becoming ill is statistically higher. Insurers take the risks posed by smoking so seriously that premiums can cost a third more for a 30-year-old smoker, and up to twice as much for a smoker aged 50. (ref 2)