- Craig comes to us. He’s listened to our goals, our investment needs and our insurance needs & he’s sold us products that fit best to suit our lifestyle.
- Louis & Barbara Kuriger
- Craig has really looked after us, He’s gone and got the best deals. That’s his job.
- Ross & Shelley Clark
- Dealing with a specialist company like Abacus is vital. That relationship thing is absolutely important because you know someone is going to bat for you.
- Steve Day, MD Pace Engineering
- I am truly grateful to Jamie and consider myself extraordinarily fortunate to have received the benefit of his astute advice and assistance.
- - J. F. Pickett
- It has felt very good to know we have Richard and the team at Abacus Group Ltd on our side.
- - Brian and Tracey Downes
- Richard bent over backwards in his endeavours to help us every step of the way through the claim, making the process as simple as possible.
- - John & Carole Lynskey
Health insurance gives you choice and control when it comes to covering the ‘serious stuff’, ensuring you have prompt access to the best healthcare services when you need them. Why worry about opinions on urgency or waiting lists, when you can have the reassurance to have choice, control and time on your side when the unexpected happens.
Health insurance is available in a variety of policy types according to your needs and what you wish to spend. Some people choose ‘Hospital and Surgical only’ cover to make sure they’re covered for the larger requirements. Others prefer to take a policy that provides doctor, dentist and optometrist cover. There is also the ability to mix and match covers to suit what you require.
Admittedly, New Zealand is graced with a pretty great public system; however that comes with a price of waiting lists, and no choice of who will provide the service.
The following is an estimated cost of surgical treatment for a range of common health problems for an adult:
|Eye Surgery||Cataract Removal||$3,500 - $4,000 (one-eye)|
|Bowel Problems||Colonoscopy||$1,500 - $1,800|
|Heart Check||Angiogram||$3,800 - $4,500|
|Breast Cancer||Mastectomy (without reconstruction)||$18,000 - $25,000|
|Heart Disease||Cardiac bypass||$50,000 - $65,000|
|Heart valve disease||Valve replacement||$52,000 - $75,000|
|Coronary artery surgery without stents||Angioplasty||$14,000 - $18,000|
|Coronary artery surgery with stents||Angioplasty||$27,000 - $32,000|
|Osteoarthritis in hips||Hip replacement||$28,000 - $35,000|
|Osteoarthritis in knees||Knee replacement||$26,000 - $30,000|
|Prostate Cancer||Prostate brachytherapy||$28,000 - $35,000|
The price of health insurance can be tailored to suit any budget. By choosing a higher excess you can reduce your monthly premiums significantly. Your premiums are associated directly with your age, so the younger you are, the less you pay. For two non-smoking adults health insurance can cost less than one cappuccino per day.
The following is an indication of what you could expect to pay for your health insurances. This is a guide only.
|$0 excess||$600 excess||$4,000 excess|
|Single male aged 27||$54.88 per month||$37.71 per month||$25.44 per month|
|A healthy couple in their mid 30's||$125.76 per month||$83.78 per month||$53.79 per month|
|A family, two adults mid 30's and two children||$167.40 per month||$110.84 per month||$70.44 per month|
Contact Us today for a free no obligation chat with one of our advisors.