- Craig comes to us. He’s listened to our goals, our investment needs and our insurance needs & he’s sold us products that fit best to suit our lifestyle.
- Louis & Barbara Kuriger
- Craig has really looked after us, He’s gone and got the best deals. That’s his job.
- Ross & Shelley Clark
- Dealing with a specialist company like Abacus is vital. That relationship thing is absolutely important because you know someone is going to bat for you.
- Steve Day, MD Pace Engineering
- I am truly grateful to Jamie and consider myself extraordinarily fortunate to have received the benefit of his astute advice and assistance.
- - J. F. Pickett
- It has felt very good to know we have Richard and the team at Abacus Group Ltd on our side.
- - Brian and Tracey Downes
- Richard bent over backwards in his endeavours to help us every step of the way through the claim, making the process as simple as possible.
- - John & Carole Lynskey
Effective health and safety in your workplace, whether in the office or on the farm, can help to keep your employees happy and productive, and also reduce the human and business costs of injuries. Every year thousands of New Zealanders are killed or injured at work, or suffer from a work-related disease, resulting in huge personal, social and financial costs.
Here’s some food for thought:
You determine the lifestyle you lead, and your income is your ticket to that lifestyle. Protecting your income if an unexpected illness or injury occurs can provide financial stability to recover and return to the lifestyle you enjoy.
There are tools available to ensure that death, sickness or disablement inside and outside of the workplace does not leave you in a sticky situation. Trauma Cover or Living Assurance provides you with a one off lump sum payment to reduce the strain, both financially and emotionally, of dealing with a serious illness or injury. A heart attack, stroke or cancer are traumatic enough events without having to worry about the financial strain they pose to you and your family. Income protection on the other hand, pays a percentage of your lost income to ensure that you and your family maintain your current lifestyle should you be unable to work due to illness or injury. Business owners and farmers can even opt to adjust their ACC Levy payments and buy income protection cover, which gives certainty come claim time, whereas ACC covers injury only and is more ambiguous in its payouts.
Employers are responsible for providing a safe and healthy workplace for their workers. The work environment, if not well managed can be a risky place. Fatigued workers are more prone to accidents; various factors can combine to create pain, discomfort and injury, and noisy environments could lead to permanent hearing loss. YOU are responsible for your own personal risk plan. Ensuring steps are taken so you know you are covered is one of the best decisions you can make.
For more information give us a call on 06 7590111 or Contact Us to make an enquiry.
Safety often comes down to making the right choices, rather than luck. Check out our gallery of cowboys! The Health and Safety Gold Award goes to . . . (Personal Favourite Photo#7)
Wishing you all a safe and happy long weekend.
PART TWO OF A SIX-PART SERIES
The provincial hospital in Matanzas where Craig had three emergency surgeries looked good from the outside, but standards, experience and facilities were extremely lacking.
PART THREE OF A SIX-PART SERIES
Richard: “Remember virtually nobody could speak English and we had no Spanish. There was also an underlying culture we didn’t know about until later, that you just had to go along with the system. Being loud and pushy wouldn’t work, we just had to be very patient.